HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Mouer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:25:56 -0400
LeicPC wrote among other good things:

>  Learning should also be a life long committment and I have liitle
> time for the arcaheology gradutes who never read anything again once they have
> their first job, never attend conferences or never learn another language etc.

 amen, Paul! Of course these are often the very people who get the jobs with the
government agencies that have such a dominion over everyone else in the field, a
nd
they often go about trying to get folks to do archaeology the way they learned i
20 years ago...

--
Dan Mouer
Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology