HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"John A. Giacobbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 02:46:44 -0400
While there are several specific programs designed for archaeological
analysis (i.e., BASP, Archanal), I have found that a generalized spreadsheet
with built-in stattistcal formula offers the best analytic return for your
dollar.  This is especially so when you don't know all the ways you'd like to
analyze the data beforehand (scientific methodology, forgive me).  I have had
excellant luck with Quatro-Pro for Windows V 6.0.  But I'm sure MS Excel and
Lotus offer similar satisifaction.  If you have a grand or so lying around,
you could spring for SYSTAT for windows, an excellant program and worth the
cash, if you got it.

Good Luck!