HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 21:21:30 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2006 8:54 pm
Subject: Re: Under Ground Rail Road work
... was saying ... there was known to be... apparently...
 had been rumored to have been ...

I grew up in Salem, Ohio, "the Quaker City" and an undisputed station on the Underground Railroad.  These tales of secret rooms and tunnels are a dime a dozen and nine out of ten are pure hokum.

This thread seems to have gotten off track, which was the question of archaeologically valid evidence of underground railroad activity.  I don't believe that any has yet been offered.