HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:56:13 -0400
Well Lyle, if the federal government wont regulate privy pirates, the State
of California certainly won't. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's Performance
Review Committee has just recommended elimination of all commissions, licensing,
and hearing boards in California to save $1.8 billion. The current buzz among
professionals out here is the proposed elimination of the State Historical
Resources Commission and SHPO that is currently on the table. There has been one
public hearing, but the chair denied any public comment and only took
testimony from locally elected officials. Two other hearings are scheduled, but the
point of the Performance Review is to eliminate public input in the legislative
process. I should think the privy pirates will be having a mega party in the
coming months, as no one in California government will stop their depradations.
And, if Governor Schwarzenegger will not read our letters and Performance
Review will not allow public testimony, then there is no hope. Looks like the
privy pirates are gonna win this round.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.