HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Judy Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 08:20:39 -0400
these are some of the things we will be looking at. One important factor is
the type of plastic film since there are several used for vacuum packing
and shrink-wrapping. Some are more suitable for long-term storage than
others.  We will also assess ease of use and expense, since the objective
is to come up with a method that is practical. We are in the preliminary
stages of gathering information about the various systems and films.
Ideas/comments are appreciated.

Judy Logan
Senior Conservator, Archaeology
Conservation Processes and Materials Research
Canadian Conservation Institute
1030 Innes Road
Ottawa ON
K1A 0M5
tel: 613 998-3721  fax: 613  998-4721    e-mail: [log in to unmask]