HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:38:35 -0700
Until last year, we were exclusive distributors of a museum collections
software called PastPerfect, now used by about 3500 museums. By sharing
a common software, nomenclature, and descriptive fields, it was designed
to make it easier for researchers to look between various museum
collections for comparative materials. A web component to the program
made searching the web for these materials even easier, though most
museums didn't upload their collections.  We are only supplementary
distributors of PastPerfect now, but I still think it is a pretty good
aid for researchers to navigate collections that might contain nails or
similar objects. You can probably get a list of all PastPerfect-using
museums from their website, www.museumsoftware.com.
mitch

--
Mitch Allen