HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
adam heinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:25:48 -0500
Hi Histarch community,
I am wondering if there are any resources that might discuss the costs of quarried stone during and after the Revolution in regards to the heavy rebuilding needed during recovery.  I am particularly interested in the NJ-Hudson River region (famous for the brown sandstone), but other later 18th century contexts would be interesting.  There is stuff out there for consumable goods such as wheat and other foods which was in high demand due to supporting the armies and destruction from occupation.

Thank you, Adam Heinrich