HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:33:26 -0400
I suppose this will not come as a shock to most of you, but about 5 years ago
a colleague used magnetometers to detect graves in El Campo Santo in San
Diego. There are only a few stone headstones and all the wooden ones are long
gone. Historical accounts demonstrate bodies are buried to the north under a
road, to the west under a commercial building, and to the south under a city
street. I guess the moral of this tale is you better get buried at the center
of the cemetery because no one will respect you later in life if you are on
the edges.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.