From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:49:25 PST
Christopher Webber wrote:

>As an actor, and more to this particular point, playwright, I do
>not recognise Don Satz's "creative bursts", which sound horribly
>like emotional geysers.

Different strokes for different folks.  I don't know why Christopher
would equate a creative burst with an emotional geyser; that's his
problem to deal with.  Of course, creativity is not restricted to artistic
pursuits; it is applicable to all areas of a person's life.  I have
successfully utilized creative thinking in my profession as the starting
point of a sequential process: creative thought, planning, implementation,
follow-through, and critical review.  That creative thinking was never
along the lines of an emotional geyser.

Christopher, in reference to my creative thinking while driving:

>I might have hoped you'd be concentrating on the road, rather than on your
>creative juices...

Any moron can drive a vehicle.  While driving, there's a lot of available
brain space just waiting for additional mental activities.

When all is said, the proof is in the results.  As I've indicated before,
each of us has our own way and time of thinking creatively.  My way and
time has worked excellently for me.  Both Sterling and Christopher seem to
have a hesitancy of adding their emotions to the mix.  I do not.  I'm well
aware of the dangers of letting emotions get in the way, and I make sure
that it doesn't happen when I'm involved in important matters.  Further,
it's not emotions that need to be erased during the creative process, but
all preconceptions and established rules and routines.

Don Satz