From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:05:56 PDT
Ed Zubrow wrote:

>If I might offer another Stabat Mater by way of comparison I would
>urge Don, and others, to check out the Rossini version.
>
>My recording is on DG 449-178 with the Vienna Philharmonic conducted
>by Myung-Whun Chung.

I've had the Hickox version on Chandos for about three years.  Listened
to it twice, but it wasn't ringing any bells.  I'll go back to it and give
another try; perhaps Chung is the better way to go.  I'll add it to my wish
list; I can't possibly lose that list since it takes up a sizeable
percentage of my study.  Thanks, Ed.

Don Satz