From:
Jane Erb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:31:24 -0600
John Smyth writes:

>Don't laugh, but after 24 years of listening I've finally stumbled
>across the music of Malcolm Arnold--his "Dances."

Welcome, John, and don't forget to try his 2nd Symphony, the Grand Grand
Grand Grand Overture (for vacuum cleaner and floor polisher, among other
exotic musical instruments), The Commonwealth Christmas Overture, and
the Concerto for Phyllis and Cyril, also known as the Concerto for Piano,
Three Hands, and Orchestra.  I'll let others make recommendations from
his more serious music.  I remain particularly fond of the English Dances.

Jane Erb
Aspen, Colorado