From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:18:12 +0200
     Richard Strauss

* Eine Alpensinfonie op.64

European Community Youth Orchestra/James Judd
Nuova Era 6706 DDD 51:40

Summary for the busy executive: Eine Alptraumsinfonie

This will be a short review.  The playing is nice and the performance is
indeed full of "Fahrvolle Augenblicke".  It is the first time the European
Youth Symphony Orchestra has come up with such a powerful and convincing
performance, and I thought I should write this review so short like this
just to ask the panel for more.

The EU Youth Orchestra Plays Strauss convincingly like an adult orchestra,
oh dear, how appropriate the label is Nuevo Era.

Mats Norrman