From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:03:36 -0400
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Matching Rattle's Malkovich comment: sometimes there is substance to hype.
>I think it's just as true for Rattle as Beckham proved it for himself this
>morning at the World Cup.  In both cases, my bets paid off.

With all due respect, I surely hope Rattle does much better than Beckham
did.  That penalty call was questionable to begin with, and better than 80%
penalty kick shooters score, not an outstanding achievement by any measure.
Rattle has a much tougher job to do.

P.S.  The unsung heroes of England's victory were defenders Mills and
Cole, who held on the Argentinian onslaught, and their Swedish coach,
who came up with a superb tactical game.

Ramon Khalona

 [See what I have to put with?  Next thing you know it'll be headbutts
 and drunken rioting for everyone.  -Dave]