From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:28:17 PDT
Patrik Enander wrote concerning the Koopman/Bach Cantata series:

>If I would change my mind, or find a well of money, which volume
>would you recommend to start with.

I'd start with volume 4 which I believe is the first volume not including
Barbara Schlick.  Just in case anyone gets offended about my negative
opinion of Schlick, there are many reviewers who consider her an excellent
singer/interpreter of Baroque music including Bach's.  She certainly has
an unusual voice, so it's reasonable that opinions would be quite varied.

Don Satz