From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:37:31 +0000
Dave Harman <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I don't read the words of a lot of operas and oratorios - some are so
>lame that it would detract from my enjoyment of the piece.

I do the same with novels.

None the less, an intriguing idea.  Spurred by Dave's bright idea, I
tried experiencing a couple of early Schubert symphonies tonight without
listening to the music, as some of that is so lame it would have detracted
from my enjoyment of the silence.

I'd be interested if Dave were to name names, to help us all avoid wasting
time bothering to find out what the operas and oratorios he has in mind
are all about.  Life, after all, is too short to bother much about these
things.

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!"