From:
Stuart Karow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:01:28 -0700
This past weekend I purchased the Spering recording (Opus 111, OPS 30-74)
of Handel's Ode to St.  Cecilia, based on Don's endorsement.  What a
wonderful and beautiful piece and I even purchased it in a clearance rack,
but did not have any liner notes.  The disc's title:  A New Generation-
Christoph Spering.  Other pieces were featured on the disc and I
particularly enjoyed Romberg's Das Lied von der Glocke.  What are other
peoples' view of Romberg and can anyone suggest further composition and
recordings?

"Stuart Karow" <[log in to unmask]>