From:
Dick Claeys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:21:01 -0700
Yes, his obituary is on page A19 of my (Western) edition of today's New
York Times, bylined by Paul Griffiths.  Building on the theme of a career
covering several continents, the story covers his Mostly Mozart and Met
appearances in New York, his U.S.  debut in Minneapolis (I thought it was
in Cincinnati), and his work in Switzerland, Germany and Italy.  The piece
includes his involvement with both Greek Orthodox and Buddhist religions,
but nothing of note on his recorded legacy (beyond the Paer "Leonora"),
and it mentions two marriages, a surviving daughter and son.

Dick Claeys