From:
Len Mullenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:16:37 -0000
Dear Friends of MusicWeb <www.musicweb.uk.net>

I recently received a lot of feedback on track downloading and sound
sampling from MusicWeb/Ludwigvanweb.  A number of changes were made
immediately as a result of this feedback.  Another addition about to be
implemented is a single click enabling the downloading of an entire CD.
As set up at the moment you need to purchase each track separately.  It
had not been envisaged there would be a demand for downloading a complete
CD but there is and there are large cost savings to be made in doing this
so provision will be made as soon as possible.  The complete CD booklet
is available on line as well.

However, you cannot even see the sample/buy button unless you have Flash
installed on your computer and you cannot listen to the music unless you
have Quicktime.  The latter is a very long download - difficult for those
with 56K modems.  However, it is worth it because the sound quality is
superb and we are about to introduce streaming radio with still pictures
(not video - that's in the future) so that we can present internet radio
programmes featuring full length tracks from CDs, interviews etc.

To enable those with modem dial-ups to receive this we are considering
mailing out a CD containing self-installing Flash and Quicktime to overcome
the lengthy download.  This will probably be free or perhaps a small charge
for postage.

I would like to guage the interest in this so that we know how many CDs we
might need produce.  Please e-mail [log in to unmask] if you think you
would be interested in receiving this CD if it became available (the "if"
is there because we have not yet discussed this with the Flash or Quicktime
proprietors).

Len Mullenger
The Internet CD review site
www.musicweb.uk.net  www.FilmMusic.uk.net www.TheClassicalSite.com