From:
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 19:33:13 -0500
If it makes you feel any better about the programming at the Proms I just
found out today that the Fort Worth Symphony scratched its only living
composer from their upcoming season: Corigliano's "Promenade Overture"
has given way to (hold your breath...) "The Marriage of Figaro" overture.
I think I'll still go to the concert for the Symphonie Fantastique and
the Prokofieff 3rd Concerto (with Alexander Toradze).

A year and a half ago they gave a powerful concert of Latin American works
(Ginastera, Piazolla, Revueltas, Roberto Rodriguez, throw in Copland's
"Latin American Sketches").  Hopefully we'll have more like that in seasons
to come.

Aaron J. Rabushka
http://www.cowtown.net/users/arabushk/