From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 20:12:08 PDT
I picked up this information from another list and thought you might find
it interesting.  In Ft. Lupton, Colorado, a judge has a preferred penalty
for citizens who disobey the city's noise ordinance.  He makes them listen
to music which he thinks they will hate.  In some cases, that means a
requirement to listen to classical music.

So, if Jocelyn Wang was driving through Ft. Lupton and causing an aural
commotion, she'd likely have to listen to John Cage.  With me, it would be
Stoki doing Bach or a huge dose of Liszt or even worse than that, a real
eclectic work (currently I only have to imagine that it exists).  What
would be the most effective "crime deterrent" classical music penalty for
you? NO, you can't say it's listening to Don Satz.

Don Satz