From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:02:47 -0500
Martin Anderson wrote:

>each time a CD came out.  It would mean that subscribers would agree
>to buy a pig in a poke - they wouldn't know what was coming before it
>arrived.  You lot, I imagine, are the kind of audience I am aiming at,
>so can I ask you whether -- once a track record had been established,
>with recordings of interesting composers (say, Rontgen, Gal, Reicha,
>Kaminski, Milford, Weinberg, Saar, Stevenson, Busch, Myslivecek - people
>like that) to judge the label by - a subscription scheme like this, with
>(again, say) four releases a month, would be something you would consider?

Not the first time this has been done...I was most pleased with being
a subscriber to the Louisville issues.  You know, pretty much, what to
expect.  On the other hand, once the guiding force of Robert Whitney was
not longer part of the equation, things changed...for me they really
seemed to lose their sense of purpose when they issued a piece of Rod
McKuen!

Perhaps someone else might know, but I think Ward Marston is doing
something similar...

To answer your question...I would be interested for sure.

Karl