From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:42:38 +0800
Julia Werthimer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>For emotion in Mozart, I would recommend the Sinfonia Concertante for
>violin, viola and orchestra, K.364.  The Andante has always seemed to me
>to be an early anticipation of Romanticism.

No doubt about it, that is why more than one people has recommended this
work.  I will recommend Philips Duo CD set (2 for the price of 1!), which
include the five violin concerti as wellas the Sinfonia Concertante for
Violin, Viola and Orchestra.  Violinist is Arthur Grumiaux with Sir Colin
Davis conducting the London Symphony.  Bonous tracks, K261 and K373 with
the same violinist but with raymond leppard conducting the new
philpharmonia orchestra.  All the second movements has what you might
called, "emotions".  One other important condsideration for this particular
CD set is the SUPERB RECORDING!  You can literally hear the violin in front
of you.

Lastly, I wonder why everyone is leaving out the Piano Concerto No. 23?