From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:13:39 -0500
Robert Clements wrote:

>>For me, the 7th Symphony of Allan Petersson - a work which slams back
>>and forth between towering rage and deep inconsolable sorrow.  ...

Bernard Chasan responded:

>Petersson is without a doubt the greatest kvetch in the history of music.

He had plenty to kvetch about.  He was almost bedridden with severe
arthritis for many years.  Still, my suspicion is that even if he'd
been in good health he would still have been a pessimist.

I love his 8th symphony, btw, and think the recording with Comissiona
and the Baltimore is a treasure.

Scott Morrison