From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:16:23 +0100
Steve Schwartz replies to me:

>I would be interested in hearing more about implicit rules.

Benedetto Croce once said:  "Everyone writes poems until the age of
eighteen.  Thereafter only nitwits and poets do." Implicit rules draw the
border line between the two, as faint as it may be.  Are you lucky enough
to have your own exclusive poets, Steve?

>>As long as music is concerned, no, I would not say it is only a matter
>>of taste.  Otherwise, could anyone explain what ART is all about?
>
>I certainly can't.

Didn't I warn you it's not as simple as it appears to be? Or do you think
each one of us can have a different idea of what art really is? Quite
frankly, we are not trying to evoke THE TRUTH here, but it's not just like
someone choosing a new car, either.

Roberto Strappafelci