From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:32:37 +0100
Bob Draper wrote:

>I think that in these days of so much varied repertoire available on
>CDs the proms is beginning to look a little tired.  A bit like some
>anacronistic remnant of the British Empire.

No. No. No. I don't know how it could BE more varied.  From Bach to
Bernstein.  The typical concert you would go to at another venue would
be far less varied.  Are you suggesting that ALL concerts are 'tired',
because that is what it sounds like to me.  Am I to be deemed an
imperialist because I want to pay peanuts to hear first rate performances
of first rate pieces? (AD's Bruckner aside, perhaps)

David Stewart