Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:21:23 -0700
I browsed through mpclassical.com, "The largest on-line Classical Music
Store in the World," for some recordings by such supposedly-easy-to-find
CD's as Karajan/BPO and I had no success.  (I was looking for K's
Ov/Scherzo/Finale and Torelli).  If even this "largest" store (which
should have more selections than retail) does not carry recordings by
the man who once said, "I hope there won't be a day when people look at
my recordings and say, 'Enough'!", I think that "day" has certainly
arrived, and obviously people are saying "Enough!" to other musicians,
too.

The subject is interesting.  Quite to the contrary, as Hector Aguilar
mentioned, the Western Civ.  is not falling but rather rising up rapidly
in places as far as the Orient (albeit a different kind of course).

Tim Hu