From:
Bob Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:23:54 EST
Hi, I am a real novice to CM and decided to buy the NPR Guide.  I found it
intriguing.  I bought a few CDs and enjoyed them.  At about the same time
I accepted a job in Los Angeles which required me to commute from No. CA
to L.A.  every week for 3-1/2 years.  While there I stumbled onto KUSC and
Jim Svjeda.  So, I bought his book and had great fun reading both the NPR
Guide and The Record Shelf Guide to CM.

The point is that I enjoyed the heck out of both books, have built up a
large CD library, actually subscribe to this list service, use many other
references, and listen to music constantly.  It all began with the NPR
Guide and although I don't use it much anymore, the Guide accomplished
what I wanted -- introduce me to CM.

Bob Woods