From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:23:41 -0500
Robert Floyd wrote:

>I'm going to be in Boston on Friday with a couple of hours to spare.  Can
>anyone point me to some good classical CD stores, preferably with a large
>number of used CDs or an extraordinary selection of new ones?

USED

Looney Tunes 1106 Boylston (Boston) 1001 Mass Ave (Cambridge) (247-2238)
Orpheus 362 Commonwealth Ave; 247-7200 Boston
Planet 54 JFK 4920693 Cambridge

The Looney Tunes in Boston and Orpheus are close to each other.  In between
is a Tower (on Massachusetts Avenue).

Looney Tunes and Planet are fairly close in Cambridge.  The former is just
off Harvard Square, the other in it.  There are an HMV and a Tower in
Harvard Square, as well.
_________

Not as good, but worth a visit if you have nothing else to do.

In Your Ear, 957 Commonwealth Ave 7879755. The Cambridge store it not so
good for CD.

If you have nothing but time, there is Record Hog (C), Stereo Jacks (C).
_________

If you can, cover the stores above the first line.  If you have a car,
this is not hard.  If you don't but have the time, the #1 Bus runs along
Massachusetts Ave from the Tower area in Boston to Harvard Square.  They're
not that far apart.

Otherwise, you'd stick with the Boston stores or the Cambridge ones. Take
your pick.

Roger Hecht