From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 02:50:49 -0700
Donald Satz wrote:

>Andrys Basten wrote of Tureck:
>
>>I haven't thought much about this one at all but someone played, over the
>>phone for me, the firt movement of a Bach partita by her.  ...
>
>Was that a long distance call? I've heard of "phone sex", but I've never
>been called by anyone to listen to a piece of music.  Andrys must have
>better friends than I do.  [And, a much better phone.  -Dave] ...

Really, friends old and new of mine have done this with me ever since
I was very young, so we are talking about a half-century here ;-) Our
enthusiams run amok.  One might say we even 'love' music (which seems
to have upset one among us this week).

This one was long-distance and most of them are, but that's not a
requirement.  Usually it's something unusual one of us wants the other to
hear and in this case it was because I wasn't motivated to buy it myself to
hear it.  I think I will go get the recording at Berkshire Outlet now that
I've heard the first movement.

- Andrys in Berkeley