From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 02:06:19 +0100
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Chandos are not hanging around.  There is a complete Bax symphony box
>set from Handley about to be released.
>
>I think I'll wait for them to be released individually and I only want
>a #1 and #6.

Just wait until you've heard his #5 and #3!  (Oh, and his #2, #4 and
#7).  All the performances are being broadcast during next week on BBC
Radio 3, including the live concert Handley gave of your #1 and #6
(evening of Friday October 3rd).

I have to say that the live performance of #1, in particular, moved many
of us privileged to be in the audience deeply - we could hardly speak
at the interval, in the face of such passion, power and beauty as Handley
quarried from this extraordinary work.

Christopher Webber, Blackheath, London, UK
http://www.zarzuela.net
"ZARZUELA!" The Spanish Music Site