From:
Robert Floyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:32:15 -0500
Many thanks to those who offered suggestions for CD shopping in Boston.  I
went to the Looney Tunes near Berklee and enjoyed browsing there.  I found
what I think is a great bargain: a series of Time-Life Great Composers CDs
for $2.98 each.  These are reissues of Decca, Philips and DGG, including
Ashkenazy and Argerich playing Chopin and Bolet playing Liszt.

Actually, my real gem was found at the Berklee School of Music Book Store:
a copy of the piano suites of Nathanael Dett.  I'm looking forward to
working on these: he seems to be much more than the one trick pony most
piano students know (Juba Dance).  More on the music as I get it up to
speed.

On my next trip, I'll have to bring more money and a list of goodies.
One other note: I dropped into Tower and confirmed that, while their
selection is excellent, their prices are completely outrageous
(especially compared to Millennium here).

Looking forward to many more trips to Boston,

Robert Floyd
Durham, NC
"Extremism in the pursuit of music is no vice."