From:
Paul Silverthorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:29:06 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I'm still trying to make up my mind about Reger - one of his best
>known works, his clarinet quintet, leaves me cold,....

I remember rehearsing this piece years ago when I was in a quartet.
We rehearsed without the clarinettist for a day, and thought 'lovely
harmonies, it'll be nice with the tune'.  Unfortunately the clarinettist
was busy practising wondering why she hadn't got any tunes.  It seem
interminable and very unrewarding to play.

Paul Silverthorne