From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 21:11:13 -0400
Richard Churchill wrote:

>Thanks to Steve Schwartz for his review of the Alwyn 4th, et al on Naxos.
>I'm enjoying the Naxos/Alwyn Symphonies 2 & 5. I would also highly
>recommend another neglected British composer- Alan Rawsthorne.  David
>Lloyd-Jones leads the Northern Chamber Orchestra on a disc including the
>Concerto for String Orchestra, as well as the Bournemouth SO for his
>Symphonies 1-3.  Both on Naxos, all very nicely done.  These led me to
>an ASV recording of Rawsthorne's chamber music by the Fibonacci Sequence.
>Uniformly excellent (to these ears at least).

As it happens I have reviewed the symphonies disc at Amazon, and
if you want to read it click here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007ACVIW/classicalnetA/ and if
you should decide to buy it, having used this link, Dave Lampson's MCML
and ClassicalNet will receive a small portion of the purchase price.
Every little bit helps, right?

My review of the Rawsthorne piano concertos, played by Peter Donohoe in
his increasingly valuable 'British Piano Concertos' series on Naxos is
here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007L2PD/classicalnetA/

Scott Morrison