From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:04:06 -0800
Interesting to see more & more posts by younger people wanting to discuss
CM, particularly a couple this weekend of high school age (welcome,
friends...).  I ain't THAT young, but I rarely come across people around
my age (in their mid-late 20s) who have any interest in CM at all.  A
few passing interests, or favorite melodies of youth.  Of course young
musicians care, but your run-of-the-mill non-musician college student
couldn't care less.  I would like to discuss why.  Lack of exposure?
I remember in 5th grade trying to pick an instrument and nobody even
mentioned I could learn a string, it was band band band.  (I got randomly
stuck on euphonium and grew to love it.  Any euph players out there?) Even
in good schools with good music teachers CM gets little attention.  What
can we do? Looking forward...

Bob K.