From:
Mike Leghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:09:33 -0500
Virgil Moojen wrote:

>Does anyone disagree with the appointment of Jansons as the new chief
>conductor in Amsterdam?  And if so, who would have been a better option?

If I had to pick a favorite conductor it would be Jansons.  Every recording
I have of him is special -- Shostakovich, Honneger, Mahler, Tchaikovsky.
He is my favorite Tchaikovsky and Shostakovich conductor.  Of the several
Mahler 6ths I have, his is my favorite by far (LSO Live).

I hope there will be a lot of recordings coming from him and RCO.  I was
excited when I read an earlier posting on this list that RCO will put
out RCO Live recordings, similar to LSO Live.  I hope the sound quality
is as good as the LSO Live recordings.

BTW, although I amd very impressed by the sound of the LSO Live recordings,
there is one exception in my collection: Bruckner 6 w/Davis.  It's very
compressed, which surprised me, since one of the most dynamic recordings
I have is the German Requeim on LSO Live.

Mike Leghorn
Evanston, IL.