From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:11:00 -0500
D. Stephen Heersink ([log in to unmask]) writes:

>>Mention Bruckner and three conductors come to mind immediately...

To this Deryk Barker cuts in:

>...They certainly do: Furtwaengler, Jochum and Horenstein.

Deryk's guidance, as usual, I find excellent--but in this case I
would venture to add in a small voice, but with a full heart: Sergiu
Celibidache.  His EMI (almost-) set is not even in quality, but neither are
Jochum and Horenstein.  (Furtwaengler I consider in a class by himself).
Celi playing Bruckner with his Munich Philharmonic alwsys gave Bruckner
performances that were both persuasive, because brainy, and moving, because
Celi.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]