From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:00:21 PDT
Virgin recently, at budget price, reissued the Kuijken recording of Haydn's
The Seasons.  I only have one version currently by Jochum on DG.  Any
opinions on Kuijken's version, and how does it compare to the Gardiner on
Archiv? Other versions I'd like feedback on are Marriner's on Philips,
Kubelik's on Orfeo, Rilling's on Hanssler, Bohm's on DG, Harnoncourt's on
Teldec, and Revzen's on Koch.  At a minimum, I'm hopeful that Bob Draper
will provide the scoop on most of the available recordings, since this is
prime territory for Bob.

Don Satz