From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:26:35 -0400
Alastair Scott said, and I cut out most of it:

>Macdowell: Piano Concerto no.2
>Ives: Central Park in the Dark
>
>which, I suspect, would be fairly standard in the US but caused a
>sensation here (rather a few people thought Macdowell was Scottish:)

I am afraid that the US has quite a way to go before MacDowell is even
remotely standard.  I am sure that most people would have no idea who
he is.  I have loved his piano concertos since college, and even then,
my piano teacher and the conductor of the university symphony scoffed a
bit at me.

Joel Hill: Waiting just 6 more days to hear Hamelin play here in:
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan