From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:42:06 +0000
Dave Lampson writes:

>[For those wishing to find this release, the Archiv catalog number is
>474508-2]

Dave is correct in that the Deutsche Grammophon website uses this number,
and the number is the same for scanning purposes on the back of the cd
case.

In my review, I cited the number B0002998-2 that is twice on the spine
of the cd case and the only number on the cd itself.  I also noticed
that ArchivMusic and H & B recordings uses the (BO) number as well.

This brings up a question I have.  Does anyone know why 2 separate numbers
are being employed?  I'm assuming at this point that it has something
to do with national markets, but that's just a hunch.

Don Satz