From:
Mary Esterheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:30:09 -0400
I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that cuts were made to
tailor the music to fit the scenario of the film - not to fit it onto an
LP.  Also the recording technique used in the film was not reproducible
because of the way it was recorded (I believe with many microphones
strategically placed - very early (first?) attempt at 'stereo' sound).  So
the 'soundtrack' on the video and CD releases of Fantasia aren't the 'real'
soundtrack but dubbed from recordings.  That was the reason it was such a
big deal when after many years, it was finally released in video.  Anyone
feel free to correct me - I'm too tired to look it up at the moment.

[log in to unmask] (Mary Esterheld)