Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:10:32 -0700
From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
William Hong writes:

>Overall, my impression of this Paris set is very positive, with the usual
>attributes of Brueggen's Haydn performances (with the HIP Orchestra of the
>18th Century) in play.  ...

Brueggen's performances of the London Symphonies actually helped me to
become a Haydn convert.  The sound of his orchestra is almost palpable,
and every measure delightful, (and sometimes ominous).

I have looked at the set of the Paris Symphonies by Brueggen, and dare I
ask: (OK, I will) Is the live audience well behaved?

John Smyth