From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:36:44 -0800
Don:

>Of course, audiophiles salivate at any new technology or slant.

More Lp's were sold last year than SACDs or DVD-A's combined, to people
who will buy a good tone arm for around 2K to 5K.  Now *that's* audiophilia!

>Personally, I have no interest in plunking down hard cash to satisfy
>commercial interests of audiophiles.  Unfortunately, no one consumer
>can buck the trend - but as a group, we can perhaps be effective.

Effective at what?  Sabotaging new technologies buy withholding consumer
dollars?  Me thinks--with standard CD sales going down for years--that
those who want to be effective at bucking a new trend should first be
effective at maintaining the status quo!

John Smyth
Sac, CA USA