From:
Gerhard Griesel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:08:14 -0800
I was listening to Cavalleria Rusticana today and when the intermezzo
played, I suddenly became aware of additional instruments.  So, here's
a challenge similar to 'How many faces can you spot in the picture': If
you've got a spare moment, try to answer this one without looking at the
score:

Apart from the strings, what instruments are used in the intermezzo?
A harp, an organ and what else?

Let me admit right now that I'm not sure of the answer myself.

While I'm writing, may I correct two errors that I made recently?
1.  I said that the 'Brilliant' label Franck organ music cost
30 euros.  I meant 3 euros.  2.  I said that Berkshire Record
Outlet stock the Hyperion 'Romantic Piano Concerto' series.
I now ordered some but although they are genuine Hyperions,
they do not form part of the series.  Sorry!

Gerhard