From:
Iskender Savasir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:13:22 +0300
Thanks to all those who have given me so many valuable clues for further
pursuit of the solo string literature.  I had been bemoaning having
left out the Stranvinsky Elegy myself.  As for the others, it will be a
while before I can digest-taxonomise etc all the suggestions intellectually,
let alone having enough time and money to appreciate them musically.
(Right now I am trying to hunt down the Locatelli capriccios- the L'arte
recording I was able to reach through eMusic -Mela Tennenbaum- does not
include them.)

But now I am in need of further help on another topic.  I will be a
giving a month long (4 sessions) seminar on Don Giovanni with a friend.
I inted to use the 1979 Losey movie on the second sitting.  And hope to
invite a Kierkegaard expert to lecture on the philosophical broodings
prompted by the Don.  Any suggestions?  Anything I should read or must
know beforehand?

Once again thanks,
iskender