From:
Martin Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:39:46 +0100
Dave writes:

>Berkshire Record Outlet (www.broinc.com) has recently restocked and
>the Delos series of recordings of David Diamond's music by the Seattle
>Symphony and Gerard Schwarz is available at $5 a CD. Highlights of
>what's available include symphonies #1-4, 8 & the Adagio of 11 (if the
>full recording of the symphony is out there, perhaps Naxos will be able
>to get ahold of it); ...

In fact, only the Adagio was recorded, so there's nothing else for Naxos
to get hold of.  There was some hitch re the rehearsals and Delos wouldn't
stump up for the extra costs.  I lambasted them for it in my _Fanfare_
review: if this magnificent _Adagio_ is any indication of the standing
of the rest of the Eleventh, it may well be one of the greatest American
symphonies yet written.

Cheers

Martin Anderson
Toccata Press/Toccata Classics