From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 00:26:01 -0000
Tony Duggan wrote:

>I think you mean the setting of the Millennium Resolution "A New Beginning"
>by the newly-knighted Sir John Tavener.  The conductor was Paul Daniel,
>Musical Director of ENO whose orchestra was playing.  I believe a CD
>release of some kind is imminent.

It's interesting that Tavener was chosen to write the music for the key
piece.  In fact that's what The Master of The Queen's Musicke is supposed
to be for, but Malcolm Williamson seems to get overlooked since Tavener's
piece was used for Princess Diana's funeral.

Tony Duggan, England.
Now containing Symphonies 1,2,4,5 and DLVDE:
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/Mahler/