From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:21:42 -0400
Don Satz differs about my...

>>Good script [The Heiress] too; no corn, even after 55 years.
>
>I thought the film carried a few bushels of corn.  This might be my
>dislike of the over-acting of Olivia de Havilland, the only negative
>aspect for me of the famous Gone with the Wind.

As Jane Erb just said: "Taste is a funny thing, isn't it?"

>Tonight I'll be sharing my time with the Patriots/Colts NFL football
>game and the movie "The Shawshank Redemption".  It's one of the best
>movies ever made

And here's another for the de gustibus file.

>... My wife never watches the film, finding it too depressing.
>Personally, I think it's very uplifting.

Guess it was all right: a little thick with rah-rah sentimentality, to
me -- despite the laundry-room shenanigans to make it 'real.' I thought
Tim Robbins was all right; but Morgan Freeman goes wasted.

Bert Bailey

 [Posts about music, folks, music.  -Dave]