From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:28:37 -0400
Sad to bring this up today, the day Peter Maag has passed, but his memory
will live in the great recordings he made.  I have a Decca LP of Mozart's
28 and 34 with La Suisse Romande, which is unfortunately too grim-sounding
for a successful CD transfer.  He also recorded symphony 29 and the
Posthorn Serenenade, also with OSR, and I have these on a Japanese Decca
CD.  Maag's all-time best (in my book) recording of the Prague symphony
was released on Belart and it quickly went OOP (I was one of the lucky
ones who grabbed a copy).  Decca should release this, and perhaps couple
it with some of the above recordings that remain unreleased on CD.

No doubt Old Peter will be conducting Mendelssohn as well, behind the
proverbial pearly gates.

Ramon Khalona