From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:48:32 -0800
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The incidental music (by Francis Baines?) for William McGonagal's The
>Famous Tay Whale included a foghorn and an espresso machine.

You reminded me of Satie's Parade...typewriter, whip, ship's fog horn
and whatever else...can't remember...and of course Leroy Anderson's use
of things like sandpaper and the tick tock of a clock and a typewriter
...does Ravel's Spanish Hour call for the sound of clocks?  Werner Josten
used a lion's roar (a percusssion instrument) in his piece the Jungle.
And then there is the sound of a heart beat (perhaps part of the tape)
which goes along with Henze's Tristan for Piano and Orchestra.

Karl