From:
Robert Berkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:50:31 -0700
Ron Chaplin would like some CRI composers that are more in a tonal mode.

Ron you are correct about the form of music on CRI.  Alot of these discs
were originally analog recordings from the fifties. In some instances
even though they have been remastered using digital technology. The sound
is good but may not satisfy everyone. (In  very few instances dry, grainy,
recessed and fuzzy).  I have purchased quite a few of these discs and
am totally satisfied with the sound.

Ron, I don't know where you draw your line between tonal and atonal. I
myself like both. I think at these prices it is an excellent opportunity
to discover the music of some of Americas greatest composers.

Here are  some of the composers I purchased. Some were new to me....

William Schuman
Silver
Thorne
Jacobi
Shifrin
Van Vactor
Moore
Rochberg
Barati
Read
Fine
Zwillich
Imbrie
Crawford

Ron, if you want to discuss my listening experience with some of these
composers please feel free to contact me.

Robert Berkoff